What Is Involved in a Novel Translation?
Translating a novel into another language is no easy task. Not many people can do it. Therefore there are specialists who do it effectively and quickly.
In order to perform an effective novel translation you will need to:
- Have an intimate knowledge of the source language and the culture
- Have intimate knowledge of the target language and its culture
- Have reasonable knowledge of any special subject that is dealt with and the genre of the novel
- Be familiar with the original author’s other work if possible
- Be a skilled and creative writer in the target language, preferably a native speaker or have the equivalent skills of a native speaker
These are the basic minimum requirements that are needed. Before translating a novel you should read it at least twice. Once as any reader would, and a second time much slower while taking notes. A novel can be very complex and a seeming unremarkable remark or observation early on can have significance later. When translating a novel it must be viewed as a whole or the translation won’t be as faithful to the original as it could be. If you don’t have the necessary skills to perform an effective translation, another way how to translate a novel is by using a professional service like the one we provide.
Our Superior Novel Translation Services
We provide high quality novel translation services in over 50 languages. Our novel translators and book translator are some of the best literary translators in the business. Any translator assigned to work with you will be:
- Highly proficient in the source language and very familiar with the source language culture
- Extremely proficient in the target language and intimately familiar with the target language culture. In most cases the target language will be the native language of the translator.
- A skilled writer in the target language
- Knowledgeable in the genre field of the novel to be translated
- Capable of catching any possible cultural conflicts and suggesting viable changes that impact the original as little as possible
Any translator assigned to a project will also be adept at maintaining the style and feel of the original novel. They understand how important that is and will work towards providing a translation that generates the same feelings in a reader as the original novel. After the novel translation is complete it will be proofread by a different translator to ensure nothing has been missed and that the translation is as good as it can be. We have complete confidence in our translators, but with a project as large as a novel translation, there are likely to be a few mistakes. The finished translation will be error free and as close to the original as possible and any changes if required will have been discussed with you in advance. Try to check translation online.
Effortless Novel Translation
We want the entire translation process to be as easy and stress free as possible. To help achieve that goal, every translation we provide includes:
- Guarantee of high quality, customer satisfaction and on time delivery
- Affordable rates that are among the best in the industry
- Easy online order and payment process
- Live customer support 24/7