Should I translate English to Chinese Simplified or to Chinese Traditional?
There are many websites that would like to break into the Chinese market as it grows. More than 20 percent of internet users are in China, so adding Chinese to a website with the help of website translation services will greatly increase potential audience. However there are two versions of written Chinese:
- Chinese Simplified – Chinese Simplified was adopted in 1949 as the written language of China. It is used in mainland China and in Singapore. Essentially it is a simplified version of Chinese Traditional, with fewer strokes and characters.
- Chinese Traditional – Chinese Traditional is the original written version of Chinese and is the version used in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
To gain access to all those internet users in mainland China, a website in English will find it necessary to translate English to Chinese Simplified. To gain Hong Kong and Taiwan viewers will require a whole other translation. English to Chinese Traditional translations are significantly different than English to Simplified Chinese.
Elements of an English to Chinese translation
Whether you have to translate English to Chinese Simplified or to Chinese Traditional, you will have the same website translation elements to deal with including:
- Text translation – Website translators need to be extremely familiar with the version of the target language. They should also have knowledge of the culture involved.
- SEO localization – A good website translation should include translating title tags, meta tags and other unseen parts of the site that affect SEO. Keyword selection may change and using a local domain for the Chinese pages of your website should be considered.
- Website structure – Location of text, images and graphics is important when doing a website translation. Text contraction should be taken into consideration. An English to Chinese text translation will result in less space being used for text. Conversely, to translate Chinese website to English text, more space will be used.
Our company offers website translation services that can handle every aspect of your website translation for you, and provide you with an effective localized translation.
About our website translation services
Our website translation service can provide help with any area of website translation or do the entire Spanish, Germany, Italian translation website for you. Translators assigned to projects will be intimately familiar with both the target and source languages and cultures to provide the best possible translation. They will also possess the necessary skills for SEO and web design to make your website translation a success. Benefits of using our service include:
- Guarantees that any service we provide meets all of your requirements.
- Easy online order and payment process
- Customer support 24/7 to address questions and concerns
- Affordable rates
For web page translator services that will help you make a successful entry to foreign markets, contact us with all of your website translation needs.